Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Philippians 4:6 NIV
I have a special treat for you.
Do you remember when I wrote about the coloring book Gratitude, A Prayer and Praise Coloring book?
Well here is the second book in the series!
This is another "Must have" coloring book if :
- You like pictures with a lot of "in depth" details.
- You want a journal that gives you a thought and space for you to write your thoughts.
- You like to color anything.
So here is a preview of the book, Tranquility: A Prayer and Reflection Coloring Journal
First thing I wanted you see was the beautiful hard cover that is not only gorgeous but also practical! Because it is a hard cover, you do not need a table to color on! You can color in bed, on the couch, on the floor, etc...
So on this next picture, you can see a journal page encouraging you to write a list of people and blessings and then on the right side of the book, they have a partially colored ( it comes that way, I have not colored this page... yet ) page with gifts that compliment the journal page.
The picture shown below is one of my FAVORITE pages, it is not a coloring page, but it is a stunning beach scene journal page.
On the left side of the page is a prayer to the Lord that is based on 1 Samuel 3:10 .
This next page was colored by my Mom, ( Didn't she do a great job :) The clocks are very detailed and I LOVE that they are all different. This page is a great reminder that Life is Short, We have to make the most of what God has given us. Oh, and looking at the different clocks remind me that God has made us all unique.
What Did I Think ?
So, I like this coloring book, Though the pictures are bit more modern then what I normally would color, (which would be landscapes or just basic coloring pages) but it is not extreme. I thoroughly enjoyed the journal pages especially the one with the beach scene. I asked several of my friends to give me their opinion on the book and this is what they said..
- My Mom she said "it was a bit modern, but was nice to color".
- My friend in her twenties said " It's a beautiful coloring book, I LOVE the pictures! I am going to have to buy me one."
- My Best Friend who is almost twenty said " I love how some of the pages are half colored because it helps you decide which colors to use to finish the rest of the page! " ( She is an artist and is VERY picky with her colors)
- My Best Buddy who is 11 just shrugged her shoulders and said " It's OK, I like a few of the pictures."
I would recommend this book to anyone ( probably not a child unless they like this kind of book) who likes to color or write because it has areas for both. It also would make a great gift
Overall I give this Coloring book 4 out of 5 Stars****
If you liked the pictures you saw and would like to check out the book, Here is the link for more information:
Happy Coloring :)
I would like to thank Tyndale House Publishers for allowing me to read and review this book in return for a free copy and I was not asked to write a favorable review, Just a honest one.