Sunday, February 7, 2016

I was Blind (Dating), But Now I See by Stephanie Rische

So I just finished reading   "I was blind (dating) But now I see" by Stephanie Rische. It is the story of the author's misadventures in dating, waiting and finally stumbling into love.  At the beginning of the story, Stephanie is in her early twenties and is watching everyone around her  date, get married and have a family. Even her  younger sibling! She was starting to feel invisible.  She was tired of being alone and wanted someone to be by her side every moment for the rest of her life. So she prayed for God to send the right man along and she made a checklist for the perfect husband. So when a friend of her family called and said that she had found "the perfect guy" and had set up a blind date ( or a blond date according to her younger friend Nhu)for Stephanie. Stephanie was both excited and nervous because she had never been on a blind date before and she did not know what to expect. Finally her date showed up, ( he was late) and they spent a very awkward hour together. They both found out that they were not right for each other.  Stephanie goes on to tell about seven other blind dates, like the "Limo Dude", "The Linebacker" and "Mr. Paper Perfect". All of which had their good qualities but unfortunately none of them were  right for her.  Throughout the book Stephanie learns about hope, love, prayer and God's grace and how all she needed to do to see them... was open her eyes.

What did I think of the book?
I have to say that when I received this book I was honestly worried about reading it. First. It was a non-fiction book and all the books that I ever read are fiction. Two. I am not really into romance novels or talking about dating, so I was worried that I really would have a hard time reading it. But I have to say that I really enjoyed the book. Her story was so well written that you felt the sadness that she felt every time she felt alone, When all of her friends were getting married and she was their bridesmaid ( 3 weddings in 1 summer, Really?!! ) and When her roommate got married and moved out or her younger sister got engaged.  I liked how she described all of the blind dates in such detail that you actually feel like you were watching it like a movie. But I especially liked the humor that Mrs. Stephanie put in her story.  Overall I would rate the book 4 out of 5 stars. ****


If you would like to check out Mrs Stephanie's other writings, you can find them on her website,
just click the link below!
http://www.stephanierische.com/home/

Happy Reading :)

 I would like to thank Tyndale House Publishers for allowing me to read and review this book in return for a free copy and I was not asked to write a favorable review, Just a honest one.


No comments:

Post a Comment