Sunday, August 28, 2016

The Artisan's Wife by Judith Miller

 " You think that you're gonna be able to deal with them?  I mean no offense, Around these parts, You seldom see a woman in charge of a business, That's all I'm saying."
 - Quote from The Artisan's Wife by Judith Miller


Hey Readers!
With Summer officially over it seems that all of a sudden I am extremely busy and having a hard time finding time to read... However I have just finished reading a fantastic new book by Judith Miller called The Artisan's Wife which is my latest "Must Read,"


The Artisan's Wife is the story of Ainslee McKay, An Irish girl who has been put in a difficult situation because of her twin sister's reckless actions. Ainslee's sister, Adaira had a dream to open a tile company so that she could put her artistic abilities to work, So Ainslee and her brother Ewan went to work and found a company for sale and purchased it . The only problem now is that Adaira has eloped and left Ainslee with all of the responsibilities of running the company which requires her to move to another city, far away from the rest of her family and to run a business during a time when women were not typically in charge. Oh, and she has no artistic ability at all.
So Ainslee moves to the town of Weston, West Virginia with the promise that her brother would sell the company as soon as they were able to locate a buyer.
Levi Judson has just moved to Weston to be near his brother who lives there. He is hoping to get a job at the tile works because he has experience working at a tile factory. He is shocked to see that a woman is in charge but quickly learns that there is more to Miss McKay then meets the eye. She is smart, caring and kind... Oh,Why can't he seem to get her off his mind! He avoids her questions regarding his family because he fears if she knew about his brother's condition she would no longer want him around.  Ainslee is impressed by Levi's attitude and his actions and finds that she is attracted to this talented artist. When Ainslee was involved in a accident at work, Since Ainslee was injured, Levi immediately steps in to help with whatever she needed help with which required that they spend a lot of time working together. and the more the two of them worked together, The more the attraction between them grew but can a relationship blossom between the two of them when they are both harboring secrets from the other?

What did I think of the book? 
So this is book 3 of the Refined by Love Series but I read it as a standalone. I loved the way the author wrote the book from both Ainslee's and Levi's perspective. My favorite character has to be Ainslee. She is put into a tough situation and she is relying on God for help to get through it. The relationship between her and Levi is sweet. Their first interaction is one of my favorite parts of the whole book!  I have to say I was pleasantly suprised by this book because I was worried that it would be just another romance novel but this book had a interesting plot that kept me reading until the last page. I will definitely be checking out her other books! Overall, I rate the book 4 out of 5 Stars ****


Don't forget to check out the other books written by this author by clicking on the link below
http://judithmccoymiller.com/books/


Happy Reading :) 


I would like to thank Bethany House for allowing me to read and review this book in return for a free copy. I was not asked to write a favorable review, Just a honest one.



No comments:

Post a Comment