Sunday, October 16, 2016

Gratitude A Prayer and Praise Coloring Journal

"Always be Joyful. 
Never Stop Praying."
 1 Thessalonians 5:16-17


So I had the opportunity to review a different kind of "Must Read" this week.
So everyone is now into adult coloring books.
Seriously, You can go to just about any store and find a coloring book that may have classic pictures such as Starry Night by Vincent van Gogh or a landscape by Thomas Kinkade.
So what makes this coloring book so special? I am glad you asked!

Gratitude is a Prayer and Praise Coloring Journal. It has places to color and blank spaces so you can write down your thoughts, prayers or maybe a Bible verse or two that stuck out to you when you read your devotions that day.
I have included some pictures so that you could get an idea of what's on the inside of the book. (Even though the cover itself is beautiful)


This is one of my FAVORITE pages!
 I love the beautiful artwork displayed on both sides of the page. As you can see,  on the left side of the page there is the blank spot to be used as a journal.



 So this one does not have much to color but it does have a wonderful Bible verse about how amazing God is and a prayer to God to help us remember to cherish every moment. It also has a space on the bottom of the page so that you can write out your thoughts or anything else you may want to write down.


One thing that I love about this journal is the ability to be versatile so that people of different ages can enjoy it. The above picture is one that my Mom had fun coloring. and believe it or not the picture below was colored by my Sister.  When I saw how she colored the flowers all I could do was stare because they were so beautifully and masterfully done.


 So the picture below is the picture that my other sister who is 9 years old like and she decided that she wanted to help me out (really? I need help coloring?) .   These two pages have an adorable young girl on the right side, a prayer, a Bible Verse and a place to write your thoughts on the left. It does appear to be childlike in appearance but the verse on the page is one of my favorites.


What did I think about the book? 
I loved it! I was pleasantly suprised by the book because I thought it was just going to be an ordinary coloring book but it has so much more inside. I love that each page has a Bible verse and a prayer for you to think about while you're coloring.  The Bible verses are from the New Living Translation so they are very easy to understand. I also liked the suggestion that on the journal pages, you do not have to write anything if you did not want to,  You could draw or doodle on the page. I would recommend this book for Girls age 8 and older because most of the pictures are very detailed and a young child might get very frustrated, very quick.

Overall I loved the book and I give it 4 out of 5 Stars ****


If you like this book, Check out the other creative books and ideas from Tyndale House Publishers by clicking on the link below
https://www.tyndale.com/l/living-expressions

Happy Coloring :)


I would like to thank Tyndale House Publishers for allowing me to read and review this book in return for a free copy and I was not asked to write a favorable review, Just a honest one. 
                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment