Sunday, February 26, 2017

Moving Target by Lynette Eason

" Because if they don't 
win this game...."











Hey Readers, I have another "Must Read" to add to your collection,
 I have been waiting for almost a year (it feels like a year, but could be about 6 months)  for Mrs. Lynette Eason's latest book Moving Target to come out because I love the first two books in the series and I was not disappointed.  This book was absolutely amazing!


Moving Target is the story of Maddy McKay who is a bodyguard with the Elite Guardians. The story starts with Maddy and her friend Detective Quinn Holcombe being drugged and kidnapped. When they wake up, they discover that they have been kidnapped and forced to be part of a deadly game, where they are the prey and the "intruder" ( for lack of better identification) is the hunter. As they look at their surroundings, they find that they are on a island with no way off and hidden traps that could be deadly if they fall in them. With nothing as a weapon and both of them physically hurt, they set off to discover a way for them to get away or call for help, but will anyone be able to save them from this deadly game?

After many struggles and trials, Maddy and Quinn are rescued from the island and they both thought there troubles were over, after all they survived  the "game"  so the "game" should be over... right ?
But they soon find out that the "intruder" is watching them and strangely seems to be  everywhere they are...

 With Danger closing in on them, Will they be able to survive? Will Quinn and Maddy be able to have a future together or will fear cause them to lose the things that matter most ...each other?

What did I think? 
So this is book 3 of the Elite Guardians series which follows the lives of each of the Bodyguards in the Elite Guardians. Though I have read the first two books in the series before this one, I would say that this book could be read as a stand alone as well.  There are some moments of suspense, but there was nothing too graphic or too bloody in the book although the details about the island and the traps that on the island where they were taken was a bit creepy. The plot was excellent, It grabbed me  from the very first page and did not let me go until the end of the book! I love how Mrs.Eason wove a faith based plot within the plot without making the story cheesy or dumb. I am especially glad that she is making another book in this series! I cannot wait until Book 4 of the Elite Guardians comes out later this year.
Overall I LOVED the book and would recommend this book to anyone who wanted to read a story full of Suspense ( lots of it) with a hint of romance. Overall I rate the book 5 our of 5 Stars*****


Hey, if you want to check out her other amazing books, Here is the link:

http://www.lynetteeason.com/books/



Happy Reading :) 

I would like to thank Revell , A division of Baker Publishing Group for allowing me to review this book in exchange for a free copy, I was not required to write a favorable review, just an honest one.



No comments:

Post a Comment