Friday, December 14, 2018

In Too Deep by Lynn Blackburn


" In my experience, its not about how big our faith is, what matters is how big our God is" - Dr. Sabrina Fleming, In Too Deep by Lynn Blackburn.





 Hi Readers!
I cannot believe that it's been over a month since I wrote to you. I struggled with an eye issue that caused me not to be able to look at a computer, phone or even "gasp" read. But, praise the Lord, I'm doing much better and am thrilled to pieces to show you my latest "Must Read" In Too Deep by Lynn Blackburn!

In Too Deep is book two of the Dive Team Investigations and although it's part of a series, you can definitely read it as a standalone. I would recommend this book if you:
  • like to read Romantic suspense similar to those written by Lynette Eason and Dani Pettrey,
  • have read the first book in the series, Beneath the Surface
  • like to watch tv shows like CSI or NCIS
  • want to check out a new author 
  • just want to read an amazing book! 

Here's the story,
Dr. Sabrina Fleming is a computer expert who's been assisting the Carrington County Sheriff's office for about two years. In that time, she's had the pleasure of getting to know Investigator Adam Campbell  and his team and has sensed that she was becoming friends with Adam, but nothing more then the average friendship. When she gets a call on a Sunday afternoon that someone drove their car off a bridge, she immediately heads over there to see if she can offer any assistance. After arriving on the scene, Sabrina finds out that the case just became very personal to Adam because the victim had written a message that said "They killed me, ask Adam Campbell." When Sabrina asks Adam about the victim, she finds that he had met her earlier this week when the woman had asked to speak with him; however, he had rescheduled the meeting because his schedule was full. Being tasked with searching the victim's computers, she finds that the victim appeared to have been a good upstanding citizen - on the surface. When Sabrina starts to dig deeper into the victim's life, she finds that she may have stumbled on something horrible... something evil, that has been happening right under everyone's noses.

Investigator Adam Campbell has been slowly falling in love with Dr. Sabrina Fleming ever since he met her two years prior; however, she does not appear to have the same feelings so he's never asked her out. Now however,  he has bigger things to worry about then his love life or lack thereof. The first thing he cannot seem to figure out is why the victim was so adamant to talk to him and not any of the other investigators. While assisting Sabrina with researching the victim's past, they find a connection between the victim, Adam's family and a possible human trafficking ring that has been going on for years: however, the more they uncover, the more danger they seem to find - especially after Sabrina is attacked multiple times. After the attacks, the message seems clear, they need to stop investigating or they would be forced to stop - by any means necessary. 

What did I think?
As I mentioned before, this is the second book in the Dive Team Investigations series; however, it could also be read as a stand alone. I really enjoyed reading the first book in the series and have been looking forward to reading the sequel and I want to tell you that I was not disappointed. I thoroughly  enjoyed diving deeper into Adam and Sabrina's stories (because they are introduced in the first book; however they are side characters so we don't know get to know much about them.. until now) and I loved watching their relationship transition from being just friends to____ (whoops! can't put any spoilers) There are a lot twists and turns within the story and the intriguing plot keeps going until the very last word on the last page. When I finished the book, I felt like I'd been served a plate of non- stop action with a side of mystery. Overall I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars (can you give more then 5 stars to a book? If so, I would rate this book at least an 8 )


Readers, don't forget to check out Lynn's other books, especially the first book in the Dive Team Investigations series, Beneath the Surface. Here is the link if you want more information!
http://lynnhblackburn.com/books/



I would like to thank author Lynn Blackburn and Revell, a division of Baker Publishing group for giving me a free copy in exchange for a free copy. I was not required to write a favorable review just and honest one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment