Sunday, September 20, 2015

Agents of Babylon by Dr. David Jeremiah

Hey, I just read my first complete Non- Fiction book!
 ( I have started several, but never finished it)
I just finished reading Agents of Babylon by Dr. David Jeremiah. It is a book study on the Book of Daniel, which is the 27th book in the Bible.
Dr Jeremiah goes into great detail about the faith, courage and devotion of a young Jewish captive that was taken from his home at the age of 14 and forced to serve the king of Babylon. The book outlines the events that occurred during the book of Daniel, Such as when Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nago were thrown into the fiery furnace , The Writing on the Wall, King Nebuchadnezzar's Dream and the well known story of Daniel and Lions Den. But the book also goes into great detail about visions that Daniel received from God that foretold events that were in the future for Daniel but have already come to pass for us, like Alexander the Great,  Ptolemy II,  and Antiochus Epiphanes (Antiochus IV) . We are also shown the visions that God gave Daniel that foretell events that have not happened yet like the reign of the Antichrist, The characteristics of the Antichrist, and The 7 year
Tribulation.  We are shown evidence of Spiritual warfare when we read about a battle between some demons and the angels Gabriel and Michael.  We also get a glimpse into the life of Daniel and his friends through fictional stories that start each chapter. The stories are about what we will learn in the " The Scripture Behind The Stories" section that forms the second half of each chapter and at the end of each chapter it ends with  the "Daniel for Today" section that shows how we can apply the truths we just learned in our every day lives. Dr Jeremiah also includes some amazing charts in the book, like the "A" Kings of Daniel 11 or "An Unexpected Answer to Prayer" that help us picture events or timelines.  There is a lot of  information in this one book, but I can't tell you everything, I guess you will have to read it to find out what else is in the book.


I loved the book, it did take me some time to get into it since I normally only read fiction but I did enjoy the book very much. I love the fictional stories that capture your attention  and the "The Scripture behind the Stories " section that separate fact from fiction. The book was very easy to understand and had a lot of Scripture to back up his points.
Overall,  I give this book 5 stars *****

If you want to read more of Dr. Jeremiah's books just click on the link below!
http://www.davidjeremiah.org/site/about/books-written.aspx

I would like to thank Tyndale House Publishers for allowing me to read and review this book in return for a free copy and I was not asked to write a favorable review, Just a honest one.

No comments:

Post a Comment