Tuesday, May 10, 2016

The Greatest Book Ever Written!



Attention all Teens and Pre-Teens!

So when I had the opportunity to review this book, I was not sure if I would because this blog is typically Christian Fiction (Suspense, Mystery, Romance, Amish, Young Adult, Etc...)  with the exception of a couple of non-fiction books. But then it hit me, The name of this blog is NOT  “The List of Must Read Christian Fiction”  BUT “List of Must Read Books” and this is the most important “Must Read” of all time.  The Author of this book has created a masterpiece that has Romance, Action, Suspense and Truths to help us live by, The best part and the part most people forget? IT IS ABSOLUTELY, 100%, 
                                        WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT , TRUE!
Can you guess which book I am reviewing?    Yes, It is The Bible.
I received the Girls Slimline Bible in the New Living Translation today and was very surprised at how different it was from any other Bible that I own. To start, It has a beautiful fuzzy royal blue cover with hot pink letters outlined in neon green that spell LOVE on the front but the O in LOVE is not a O but a heart which adds a cute girly touch, The Entire Bible is outlined with a silver glittery trim that really accents the fuzzy cover and bright colors. The back cover is still the fuzzy royal blue but instead of saying LOVE, it has in smaller letters BOLD FAITH. It also has above the words  a small Cross that is hot pink outlined with neon Green. Looking at the side of the Bible you will notice that the pages are all outlined in neon purple. Finally going to the inside of the Bible. When you open the Bible the first page is colored a beautiful Neon “Highlighter” Pink with outlined hearts on the front page and written in bold letters are the words BECAUSE OF CHRIST AND OUR FAITH IN HIM, WE CAN NOW COME BOLDLY AND CONFIDENTLY INTO GOD’S PRESENCE. Ephesians 3:12.  Going deeper into the pages of the Bible, This Bible is made to look cool and is designed for Tweens and Teens. It does have a Neon Bookmark for easy “Page saving”, the words of Jesus are written in red  so you can identify them easier, there is a Dictionary/Concordance and a set of Bible time maps on the back.  While New Living Translation is Ok, it is not my choice translation ( I prefer NIV, New International Version, but everyone is different)  It is a more literal translation meaning that it easier to understand  which is why it is a nice choice for younger girls.  The only thing that I am missing is little notes or bits of information written within the pages of the Bible, With “Things to think about”, or “Did You Know” sections . Overall I like the Bible and would recommend it for girls, Pre-teens and Teens

As a bonus I asked two people younger than I am what they thought about it and they said...


Kristina, About 10 years old says “The Bible is great! I LOVE the bright colors and that the cover is so fuzzy, it also has SPARKLES! The orange bookmark is so cool!  The bright pink color on the inside is fantastic; it is an awesome Bible... Can I have it?"

I also wanted the perspective of a girl a little bit older, She is graduating high school  ( Congrats!!!)

Stephanie,  18 years old says “ I like how fuzzy the cover is, It makes it very comfortable on your hands. It is extremely lightweight.  It really does not look like a Bible, more like a journal or maybe a sketchbook, So it could be a great witnessing tool. "

.

You can check out more details by clicking on the link below!


I would like to thank Tyndale House Publishers for allowing me to read and review this book in return for a free copy and I was not asked to write a favorable review, Just a honest one.
                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment